With the continuous development, there has been a constant need to use gas tanks, so it is always indispensable for their presence in secure places, and because we in Al-Muhaidib are keen to help customers and maintain their safety, we have now provided them with highly efficient and accurate manufacturing gas tanks are designed with special specification to store liquid petroleum gas that used to supply a lot of energy for commercial and industrial sectors and also for houses, and to that it becomes very important, and because we are in ALMUHAIDEB NATIONAL we care about providing everything perfect and we provide it to you with European specification and approved in the kingdom from (SASO EN 12542/2015).
The most important requirement to interact with gas tanks :
- Be careful not to get close to any flammable materials.
- Don’t do any operation or work around the tank.
- You must install safety and alarm devices to detect any leaking.
- You must prevent using any sources generate heat, welding and cutting work around the tank area.
- The installation of tanks and also extending the network must be done from companies and professional technicians.
- Put warning signs to not smoke near the gas tank.
- Don’t transfer the tanks from one place to another when it is full of gas without reviewing the gas companies.
Precautionary measures to be taken if there are a gas leaking:
- The place must be evacuated from all persons in the place of the leak.
- Close the main gas valve.
- Open all doors and windows to refresh the air of these places.
- Be careful not to light any fire or open any electrical plug at this moment.
- call the civil defense or the gas network companies if there are any leaks.
Types of gas tanks:
There are two types of gas tanks (with different sizes)
- Above the ground tanks.
- Underground tanks.
The most important requirements when choosing the location of the gas tank:
- The gas tank is installed inside the external walls of the building (courtyard or building yard).
- It is forbidden to install gas tanks on the roofs of buildings.
- It is not allowed to install a gas tank inside building rooms or any closed rooms.
- Not to install the gas tank inside the basement or in low places that allow gas to gather around it.
- Don’t install the gas tank near the main electrical circuit breakers (minimum distance of 3 meters) between the tank and the electrical breaker.
- Don’t install the gas tank near the doors and windows (minimum distance of 1.5 meters) between the tank and doors, windows.
- The distance between the tank and the main building entrance doesn’t exceed 25 meters according to the requirements of the gas company.
- If you want to install a gas tank on a sandy or flat surface, you should make concrete pour with a height of 10 cm according to the size of each tank.
- In the case of installing an underground tank, you must make a floor room for the tank of bricks or reinforced concrete and well insulated, and its floor is made of reinforced concrete, preferably after the ground water tanks.
- The tank room is flooded with burial (clean sand) from all sides, making sure that the tank batteries are installed correctly.
- When choosing the location of the gas tank above the ground, there are several conditions that must be followed, and they are among the basic requirements of the National Gas Companies to approve the location of the gas tank, such as the distance between the gas tank, spark sources, concrete buildings, and flammable liquid tanks. The following table explains them according to the size of each tank.
- Underground gas tanks are tanks with special specifications treated in a cathodic protection to protect them from physical and chemical factors that may be exposed over time like rust after burial process.
- When choosing the location of the gas tank under the ground, there are several conditions that must be followed, and they are among the basic requirements of the National Gas Companies to approve the location of the gas tank, such as the distance between the gas tank, spark sources, concrete buildings, and flammable liquid tanks. The following table explains them according to the size of each tank.
- When you choose an underground gas tank a ground pit is made of bricks or reinforced concrete, and its floor is poured with concrete, if it is well isolated to prevent water leakage to it, and it is preferable not to close it to the ground water tanks.
Buried gas tank with neck above ground.
Buried gas tank with neck under the ground.
gas tanks features:
- There are many advantages that make gas tanks the best alternative and the ideal solution when using LP Gas, including:
1) Save time and effort from replacing regular gas cylinders when they run out.
2) Ensuring continuous of gas for a long-time interruption, as it is equipped with a scale that determines the amount of gas remaining in the tank to avoid sudden interruption of gas.
3) Easy and comfortable in the filling process, which is done by contacting the National Gas Companies GASCO (service provider).
4) Saving more money as the use of devices and ovens that operate on liquid gas is better in terms of consumption cost compared to using devices and ovens that operate on electricity.
5) Better safety, as these tanks are equipped with safety valves and are designed with standard specifications with pressures up to 18.7 bar.
The most important information about gas tank:
It is a mixture of propane and butane gas in addition to other hydrocarbons that are found underground
and are extracted with crude oil and after exposure to pressure, liquid gas is formed, which contains (propane C3H8)
and (butane C4H10), by percent 20 % up to 80 %.
Uses of liquid petroleum gas?
Liquid petroleum gas cylinders and tanks are filled and used in home cooking,
and some countries use it as a fuel for cars in addition to its use in manufacturing industries.
Liquid gas tanks features:
1) An environmentally friendly gas that doesn’t cause any harmful things from gases, especially carbon monoxide.
2) The use of it as fuel for cars increases the life of the engines.
3) All the devices in which it is used don’t need much periodic maintenance.